Friday, January 9, 2009

Religion-Church-God... Is there a difference?








This is a question that I have thought about for a long time. Can you believe in God and not go to church? Can you be religious and not believe in God? Can you go to church and not be religious? I don't really know the answer to these questions but what I do know is that Woody and I have decided to start attending church together to see what it's all about. We went for the first time together to First Unied Methodist Church in downtown Austin. I really like this church because it is traditional but contemporary at the same time. It doesn't seem like a place where people would feel the need to be fake and I like that. I grew up in church and the thing that has turned me off the most is the members of the church who judge and live lies. I like FUMC because it is a church that welcomes everyone and doesn't judge you based on your life experiences or past decisions. The doors seems to be wide open for you to come in and learn to love God.
Woody on the other hand did not grow up in church and doesn't have the preconceived feelings toward the church. It is interesting to watch him soak in all that he can during a sermon while trying to just figure out all the standing and sitting and singing! He is truly very innocent and naive in the Church world and I think watching him grow in the Lord will truly be a blessing. The unfortunate thing about church is that because of Woody's schedule with RRPD, he has to work every other Sunday and can't go with me. I am hoping that I stay strong and attend every Sunday so that I can teach him what I learn from our Pastor.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment